Wednesday, October 3, 2012

don't even get me started

1
I'm allowing myself two more glasses of bourbon and, say, five or six more cigarettes and then I'm passing out, but in the meantime I'm going to write whatever comes to mind until the above list runs out.

1:00AM on the dot and I don't think this exercise will have the effect I'm looking for, or maybe just assuming it will have. Said effect being I will be at least partly motivated to write more, and more often. Something tells me after this exercise I will be

A> drunk
B> over smoking cigarettes
C> too wired to fall asleep

And so I should go out for a smoke now. 1:01AM.

Dammit.

2
I feel completely separate from the part of me that desired to be creative. I allow myself to get into ruts through which I convince myself I am unable to create due to the situation surrounding me.

So I drink
and smoke so many cigarettes I could blacken the lungs of a horse
twice over
I enjoy my lows
as much as I enjoyed the last three lines I just deleted
they serve a purpose
a fleeting one
and then they are discarded
not haphazardly forgotten, but purposefully removed
I don't want to see the world burn
I just want to ignite some small parts of it
to illuminate the whole picture

3
this is all so I can justify not watching the presidential debates and feeling like I still did something

I feel guilty for not being as involved in politics as I could be, but being painfully aware enough of what's happening in the political arena

I find myself echoing the things I see on the few political resources I sort of follow because they conveniently coincide with my level of understanding of current events

I try not to be a douche about it and I think that's going well enough

4
tried to waste some space here
delete, delete, delete

tonight I had the pleasure of smelling a rose with a significant hint of citrus behind it
that might not seem like much, and it really isn't much
but it fucking intrigued me
wasting space

5
there aren't enough people who really appreciate alcohol
just, for instance, whiskey
are you talking about scotch, bourbon, or straight whiskey?
now do you want Irish whiskey or something domestic
yes, there is a difference
i don't know shit about scotch except that some of it tastes like fucking Band-Aids
and I'm not having that shit
bourbon is kind of where it's at
now you've got Kentucky, produces 98% of the bourbon (at least that's what the video at Woodford Reserve said) and kicks ass at producing that much bourbon
so there are very specific parameters by which one produces Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
it's capitalized because it's awesome
a barrel in which bourbon is aged can only be used once
FUN FACT: there is an awesome Kentucky brewery that buys used barrels from Woodford Reserve in which to brew their beer; they make a stout and a lager, I believe
they are both fantastic
your batch must be distilled a minimum of, I think, three times before it can be considered quality enough to get that KY deal of "It's Fucking Bourbon!"
in big ass, crazy sexy copper stills
the color comes from the wood of the barrel and the amount of charring each barrel has
what's charring? glad you asked!
it's taking a fucking flame to the inside of each individual barrel and "charring" it to a degree which is based on a number system; it's 1-10, I think (whatever, I forgot)
the amount of charring affects the flavor, finish, and color of the bourbon
so, with this small amount of bourbon knowledge, you too can be an asshole in dive bars, bitching about not having your preferred bourbon, and vie for the completely temporal spotlight when talking to people at restaurants/bars about t heir choice of whiskey!
double points for finding a thin avenue on which to present your painfully banal dissertation on good bourbon!

you should hear me talk about wine

6
i think i've already spiraled out of control and am just now reigning myself back in
over the past about six years i have accomplished only a bit more than discovering the very bottom of my capabilities
i wouldn't say i've ever actually hit rock bottom
but i definitely scraped against it enough to scrawl my initials

7
i'm not even listening to music
this has been going on for far too long
i
need
sound
!

8
1:51AM
the clock is no friend
just passing time as you stare
while time passes by

No comments:

Post a Comment